Monday, September 12, 2005

UMass had more problems than we knew about

In my post of 09/10 (scroll down) I mentioned that UMass would be without its two starting tackles for the Colgate Game.

I turns out that UMass was missing four more players. Brad Anderson, David Burris, Brandon Freeman and Frank McDonald were all given a game suspension and were not available.

All got a one-game suspension for "violation of team rules".

McDonald was the starting fullback. Anderson plays in the multiple linebacker packages. Freeman and Burris made the traveling squad for Richmond.

The suspensions are listed in Matt Vautour's column. Scroll down.

At the game,I picked up on Kyle Harringtion starting at fullback. I believe Colgate was his first start. I missed the other suspensions...

The head shot to the right is Harrington 6-1 235 Redshirt Junior.