Thursday, December 01, 2005

UMass Football recruiting 2006 post #1


What does Ashley Judd topless have to do with college football recruiting, you might ask?

Good question! I went to Google Image Search to see if I could find some images to go with posts on the recruiting season. Up came Ms. Judd. Try it yourself. Go to Google Images and type in "Football Recruiting". On the first page beginning of the third row is Ms. Judd. I have no idea what she is doing among all those football players, but who are we to argue with the awesome algorithms of the hottest company in cyberspace.

The only website dedicated to I-AA recruiting is ShowingBlitz.com. This site had been inactive for some time. Recently it has returned. If it stays up, it should be a good source of UMass recruiting news. Last year ShowingBlitz also kept track of I-A to I-AA transfers.

The UMass Football Fanzone does not expect as many I-A transfers as UMass had last year, but I think some activity is possible on the OL and DL.

Time will tell.

Update:

Just received an e-mail from the owner of ShowingBlitz.com stating that he intends to keep the site going.

An additional item of interest on this site is that he intends to publish a ranking of I-AA signings after the recruiting season is over. Last year, one source rated UMass as #2 in the I-AA universe for its 2005 recruits. Interesting to see how we will do this year.