Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Miller, Koegel named in top of I-AA for 2006

Matt Dougherty of The Sports Network has finished his take on I-AA position profiles for 2006.

Named as the #2 Center in I-AA for 2006 was Alex Miller. He was named All-A10 First Team, College Sporting News I-AA All Star 2nd team and Don Hansen's Gazette All Northeast 2nd team in 2005.

Named the #2 punter in I-AA was Christian Koegel . Koegel was named 1st team All I-AA by Lindy's. His post-2005 honors are too numerous to list here. Check his UMass Bio.

Have to disagree with Koegel's ranking. Dougherty ranks him behind David Simonhoff of Southeast Missouri State, seemingly on the strength of Simonhoff's 2004 performance ??!!

In 2005 Koegel was #1 in the nation in Net Punting and #3 in punting average.

In 2005 Simonhoff was #96 in the nation in Net Punting and #5 in punting average. You make the call...