Sunday, October 29, 2006

UMass wins in the rain 7-0 at Northeastern

It's hard to find a game that turned on two plays like yesterday's game against northeastern did.

Brad Anderson and James Ihedigbo's stop of Northeastern's Maurice Murray on the Huskies only offensive scoring threat was huge. Murray had been running through UMass tackles all day.

And again when UMass center Alex Miller somehow made a shoestring tackle on a Huskie DB who had the whole field ahead of him on Baylark's fumble.

The Boston Globe has a story here .

The Boston Herald has a story here . And the Herald has another story on Baylark and Miller's tackle here .

The Springfield Republican has a article here .

The UMass Athletic site's writeup is here . The Northeastern Athletic Dept's report is here .

Dave Coulson of I-AA.org has his I-AA recap the the events in I-AA (including UMass-Northeastern) here .

The image above is from the UMass Athletic dept site. I could not find who took it. If the photographer would e-mail me, I will attribute it.