Thursday, November 16, 2006

Thursday Morning stuff

Matt Dougherty looks at Saturday's I-AA action in his weekly column Extra Point .

Under the "Gee it's nice to be appreciated" section, a Long Island sportswriter disrespects Hofstra football and I-AA in general .

Key quote from the article "The I-AA football model works in some places. Newark, Del., to be sure. But there is no pro or I-A college team in the area, so Delaware could play club football and everyone would still be interested in it. Long Island fans are more sophiscated and demand more than the I-AA game."

Well at least us hick I-AA fans can spell sophisticated... :)


Remember last year the UMass defense was #1 in scoring defense in I-AA ? Well, Brown's Bombers are back. This week the UMass is #1 in scoring defense .

Liam Coen has "slipped" to #2 in QB pass efficiency (by seven tenths of one point) . I'm sure the UMass offense would like to see him recapture the lead against Hofstra.

Steve Baylark is 13th in the nation in rushing and leads the A10 .