Sunday, November 04, 2007

URI Game stories

After a night's sleep ----- and I needed it, I remember that Coach Brown likes to play aggressive football on both sides of the ball. So there were a couple of calls in the Rhody game I would have done differently. I would have run the ball on first down on the sequence that Koepplin ended up missing the field goal. I would have taken the points to go ahead on the one yard line (abet that was no gimme) it was into the wind. But Playing aggressive is what UMass does. It makes for exciting and winning football. Let's forget about it and get back to playing.

The Boston Globe has a write-up here . Another Globe article here .

The Worcester Telegram has an article here .

Jeff Thomas and the Springfield Republican is here .

The Providence Journal ring in here .

Matty Vautour has a game day article here .

It was a day to run the ball and Northeastern ran all over UNH.

Delaware beat JMU, Northeastern beat UNH, Richmond beat Villanova, Hofstra beat Bill & Mary and Maine ran over Towson. CAA recap here .

Results from the rest of FCS/I-AA here .