Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday News -- February 21st, 2010

The University of New Hampshire is considering a recommendation that athletics be considered a core function of the University. This is undoubtedly the de facto position of the top public universities.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Question-and-Answer session with Mike McLaughlin , whose father starred for UMass back in the 70's.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a link I first saw on the blog "Wiz of Odds' , favorites work harder than undogs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watched the UMass Hockey team lose to Merrimac on NESN last night. As I have said several times, I totally lack the hockey gene----unusual for a native New Englander----so I don'tknow enough about the game to comment. For my hockey analysis I read the excellent UMass "Fear the Triangle" blog.