Monday, April 13, 2015

Recruiting 2016--Lucas Niang

Niang #74/ Terry Dinan image
NJ.com reports UMass has offered to Lucas Niang, a 6-6 298 pound OT from New Canaan, CT.

NJ.com article here.

Rivals three-star player.

Hudl.com has highlight video.

Partial quote from a Scout.com article on his  April 8th, 2015 visit to Syracuse:


"The visit had a strong impact on Niang, who looks at Syracuse in a more favorable light. He is still early in the process and is not near a decision, but the Orange are thought of in high regard.

”My interest is definitely higher than it was before because I didn’t know much about it,” Niang said. “I don’t have any favorites yet. I still have to visit some schools before I make up my mind. Syracuse is in a good place right now.”

Besides UMass, Niang has offers from Penn State, UConn, Rutgers, Syracuse and Virginia Tech.