Thursday, August 04, 2016

Recruiting 2017--Michael Clemons

Clemons #48/Cisco College image
Several recruiting services indicate the Minutemen are interested in Michael Clemons, a 6-6 245 pound DE from Cisco College.

Hudl.com has video.

Kansas State offers. Mentions UMass.

This article mentions UMass coach Charles Walker recruiting Clemons.

Partial quote from a July 26th article on Clemons by Scott Eklund on Scout.com.

"I have offers right now from Middle Tennessee State and UCF," Clemons told JCFootball.com recently. "I have a lot of schools talking to me. The main ones are Utah State, Kansas State, SMU, Tulsa, UAB, Alabama, Missouri, Massachusetts and Texas Tech, but there are a lot of other ones too."

Clemons redshirted his first year at Cisco, something that has allowed him to focus on getting better as both a player and a student.

"I'm that guy who can use his size advantage well and I have good technique," Clemons said. "A big thing for me has been working on some new pass-rush moves, making sure I bend that edge well so I can get to the quarterback and also dropping into coverage."

Clemons holds offers from Utah State, Kansas State, Middle Tennessee State and UCF.