Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Recruiting 2017--Thurman Geathers

Scout.com image
Several recruiting services indicate UMass has offered to Thurman Geathers, 6-3 218 weak-side DE from Kennesaw, GA

Geathers Tweet he's received an offer from the Minutemen.

247Sports three-star player.

Rivals.com three-star player.

Hudl.com has video.

Partial quote from a 05/13/16 article on Scout.com by Chad Simmonds:

"Queen (his HS coach)  praised Geathers' athleticism and his size.  What does Geathers feel he does best?

"I excel as a pass rusher.  I come off the edge, I blitz a lot, and I feel that is the best part of my game.  I like to watch Robert Nkemdiche and see how he makes plays, and learn from him.  I am athletic at outside linebacker and I can run.  I work hard too."

Geathers holds 17 offers from mostly Group-of-Five schools. Syracuse and UMass are the current schools offering from the Northeast.